Listener’s Guides are long-form articles that work through an entire band’s backcatalogue, pick out the highlights, lowlights and general trends in their overall style, and makes suggestions as to where to begin in terms of checking out their music.
- Apoptygma Berzerk – A Listener’s Guide
- Covenant – A Listener’s Guide
- Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft – A Listener’s Guide
- Diary of Dreams – A Listener’s Guide
- Fear Factory – A Listener’s Guide
- Front 242 – A Listeners Guide
- Nitzer Ebb – A Listeners Guide
- Project Pitchfork – A Listeners Guide
- Wumpscut – A Listener’s Guide
If you have any questions or comments about why I’m writing these, this News item issued along with the first one explains why.
Please also understand that I’m not currently writing further guides whilst I focus on writing a print-to-paper book. It’s still conceivable that I’ll write more in the future, though.
Articles, Essays and other Writings…..
- EOL-Audio Archive – A Collection of past writings from 1998 to 2006 (plus some from 2010-2014)
- Too Loud In ‘Ere – My Tales of 20 Years of Live Music (June 2017)
- Ten Albums Ten Days – A recent Facebook meme preserved here (March 2018)
- Infest – A Personal Retrospective – A look back on past vists to the Infest festival (August 2018)
- From Tufnell To Treffen – 10 Years of DJ Terminates Here (December 2018)
- 40 Albums – 40 Days – A COVID-era continuation of the classic albums series started a few years ago (March-April 2020)